Boba and Bakes Sales must comply with food and beverage policies:
  • Before you have a bake or beverage sale, you must take a “Food Safety & Sanitation” class hosted by Housing and Dining’s Joyce Myles. 
    Classes meet from 4-5 p.m. on a Wednesday, in the Housing and Dining Office. See current class schedule below.

Fall 2016

September 14
September 28
October 12
October 26
November 9
November 16
December 14

Spring 2017

January 18
February 8
February 22
March 8
March 22
April 5

For questions, please email Joyce Myles at

  • Read our Guidelines for Baked Goods and Beverage Sales and fill out a Registration Form. You must bring in the registration form to the Student Center Administrative Offices, in the RMC, upstairs, above the Grand Hall, at least 48 hours before your sale date.
  • Note: The Student Center only approves indoor sales. Outdoors sales must be approved by the City of Houston.
Boba Sales

Clubs are allowed to sell Boba in the RMC one weekday, every other week for only one semester, so please request a table accordingly. 

Students selling boba are not allowed to eat or drink when at the table in order to follow the City of Houston Health and Safety Guidelines.

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a fine up to $100.

Bake Sales

All food sold in the Grand Hall must be commercially wrapped.  However, home-baked goods (cookies and brownies) are allowed when it is for charity.

The items that are offered for sale must be individually wrapped and contain a list of the ingredients with the approximate weight.

You must display a sign that says, "These goods were prepared in a kitchen that is not subject to regulation or inspection by the City of Houston, or any other health inspection agency. "  You can check out a sign from the Student Reservations office in the 2nd floor of the RMC, or provide your own.  This sign must be clearly displayed on the table at all times during the sale.