(Rice student organizations or departments only)
Each advertising venue request must be submitted separately, as most of them need to be for the entire week. This also makes it easier for you to manage changes, once your request is confirmed. Space is reserved online at http://rooms.rice.edu.
- You must provide a mounted poster to put on the easel.
- You may pick up the easel at the Information Desk, when your reservation time starts,
- and return it back to the Information Desk when your reservation time is over.
- If the previous group's mounted poster is still in place on Monday you must return it to the
- information desk for disposal as your poster is placed on the easel.
- To keep your mounted poster your group must personally remove it. Any posters left
- on Monday will be recycled, or disposed of, and is not the responsibility of the
- Student Center.
- If the easel is not returned to the Information Desk the last day of your reservation your group will be charged a $15 fee.
LIBRARY BANNERS MUST BE HUNG THE AFTERNOON OF THE FIRST MONDAY OF YOUR RESERVATION, AND PICKED UP IN THE MORNING OF THE ENDING MONDAY OF YOUR RESERVATION. LIBRARY STAFF WILL ONLY ALLOW STUDENTS ON ROOF ON MONDAYS FROM 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. AND 1:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
You need to pick up ropes and poles from the Student Center Office (second floor, above the Grand Hall) on the starting Monday AM, and return them on the following Monday PM. If ropes and poles are not returned on Monday, your organization will be charged $25, and $50 after Tuesday, plus the privilege of using the banner space again for the rest of the academic year. If ropes or poles are lost, your organization will be charged an extra fee of $50 to replace them.
THE GLASS DOORS MUST BE PAINTED ON MONDAY, AND CLEANED UP SUNDAY BY NOON.
The glass doors to the Grand Hall Lobby may be reserved for painting information and/or small artwork to advertise major functions. The Glass Doors request must be for a week, from the starting Monday PM through that week’s Sunday AM. Only acrylic paint may be used and the painting must be on the exterior side of the windows. At least 50% of the glass must remain unobstructed and free of paint. Your club is responsible for all paint removal. To remove the paint, you must use a Windex solution to loosen the paint and a straight edge to peel it away. Failure to completely remove the paint from the doors by the designated date will incur a $25 fine for the first offense. The fine doubles with each subsequent violation ($50 – 2nd offense, $100 – 3rd offense).
Student organizations or departments can only request one table at a time to advertise or fundraise for their event. Once a request is confirmed, the table and 2 chairs will be set in the lobby. Table staffers must not eat or drink while on duty.
This table is for distribution of information only. No food or drinks allowed.
THE SIDEWALK MUST BE PAINTED ON MONDAY, AND CLEANED UP SUNDAY BY NOON.
- Only non-toxic, water-soluble chalk may be used.
- Chalking is permitted only at the north entrance by the glass doors of the RMC however, not underneath the overhang.
- Chalking is only permitted on the ground and may not be extended to walls, columns, benches, tables, or part of any facility or structure.
- Chalk not in the reserved area will be removed at the expense of the group.
- Chalking that contains vulgar or profane language or promotes practices that violate university guidelines will be removed, as will those that contain hurtful messages directed towards individuals. Students or groups who write such messages may be in violation of the Code of Student Conduct.
CLEAN UP & FEES
Groups must remove chalk before NOON on the Sunday (last day) of their reservation. Groups can chalk as early as Sunday afternoon assuming the previous group has removed their chalk by the deadline. Groups that fail to remove the chalk in a timely manner will incur a $40 fee on their first offense, $80 fee on second offense, and $100 on third offense as well as loss of privilege to reserve space again during the academic year.