Rice is the home of a vibrant array of clubs. It is a source of Rice pride that we support and encourage our students to try new things and to get involved in areas where they are passionate and hope to contribute to the Rice community and beyond.
Given the large number of clubs that already exist at Rice, we highly recommend that before you get started you do some research into learning what clubs are out there and begin by meeting with some clubs that are in your prospective genre of clubs to learn about what they do, their strengths and weaknesses and determine whether or not your new ideas can fit into an already established club’s mission and purpose.
New Club Registration Tips:
» Explore existing clubs at Rice, discuss your new ideas with established clubs to see if you fit within the mission and purpose of an active club.
- If you do not find a club that fits, then identify your new club’s unique mission and purpose.
» To establish a new club, connect with other interested students and identify a faculty or staff sponsor.
- All clubs at minimum are required to identify a President/Primary Student Leader, Treasurer (if needed) or Secondary Student Leader, and a Club Sponsor to get started.
- If your sponsor is not on the list of Risk Management-Trained Sponsors they will have to attend a Club Orientation and Risk Management Training Session before your club can be approved.
» Complete all Club Registration requirements found on the Club Registration & Renewal.
» Club Registration Assistance
- If you have any questions about the Club Registration process, please email email@example.com.
- New Club Fund – New clubs on campus often have great ideas, inspiration, and the drive to make positive change for our campus and community but get stalled in their efforts to move forward because they lack funds to get started. Student Activities hopes to support these organizations by providing a New Club Fund that will support these groups.
- Please click here for more information, and to apply for the New Club Fund.
- Please visit the Club Resources – Financial webpage for additional information and resources.
» Room Reservations
- Student Center – Please visit the Reservations webpage for information on how to reserve spaces within the Student Center. Once on the Reservations webpage, click on “Event Management System (EMS)” to reveal information on how to create an account and reserve space.
- Other Rice Venues – If you would like to reserve space outside of the Student Center, please click here for more information.
» Information & Ongoing Support
- Even after you have completed registration, please continue to utilize the Student Activities office for support. Our office is happy to answer any questions regarding club recruitment, activities/events, finances, retention, risk management, and much more.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Also, be sure to review the Club Resources webpage to find information pertinent for your new organization.
- Link to Event Planning Resources
- Link to Financial Resources
- Link to Sponsor Resources
- Link to Forms (for example: travel forms, minors on campus forms, etc.)