Registration and Renewal
Club Registration is an annual process beginning in April and continuing through the end of September. The 2016-2017 club registration cycle will open April 4, 2016 and the deadline is September 30, 2016. Each club is required to complete the following steps every year so that the Student Activities Office is able to keep accurate records on officer information and active clubs on campus. If you have additional questions about the Club Registration Process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below to see which documents your club is still missing:
This document is updated on a weekly basis. Please wait 3-5 business days after a form submission to see that information reflected here.
Club Registration – follow these steps (they do not need to be completed in order):
1. If you are a new club or a club that was inactive last year, please see the New Club Process. All Clubs who were Active in 2015-2016 follow the steps listed below.
2. Register your new club by filling out these forms:
3. Review and update your club constitution. If your club makes any changes your constitution will need to be approved by the SA/GSA for final registration approval. (Club Registration Process Checklist and Sample Constitution)
4. Email your constitution to email@example.com saved as a word or pdf file under the title ClubName_Constitution_2016.
5. An executive officer must attend one session of the Club Development Training and the vice president or president along with sponsor (if needed) must attend a Risk Management Training:
Risk Management and Club Development Trainings:
Wednesday, August 24 4:00pm-6:00pm HRG 100
Tuesday, September 6 4:00pm-6:00pm HRG 100
Sunday, September 11 3:00pm-5:00pm HRG 100
If your organization missed all of the Risk Management and Club Development dates in Spring 2016 and Fall 2016, we are offering one FINAL date. There will be no additional training’s offered and no exceptions after the following date and time. Ensure your president, vice-president, or sponsor (if necessary) can attend.
*Thursday, September 22 4:00pm-6:00pm HRG 100*
*The first hour will be dedicated towards risk management and the second hour towards club development training. If you intend to attend either, please arrive early.
6. Meet with your officer team and sponsor to discuss Risk Management and submit your Risk Management Plan online.
7. You will be contacted by the SA/GSA after they have reviewed your constitution for notification of final approval.
8. If you plan to utilize the club P-Cards for purchases throughout the year contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Treasurer Training details.
9. If you have any questions about the Club Registration process email: email@example.com
10. For new clubs: after you have completed all of the above steps, you will be required to attend a New Club training. This training is one hour and you will have time to discuss your plans for recruitment, activities, finances, retention, and Risk Management during the second half of the meeting. If the president or another founding executive board member does not attend one of these meetings, your organization will not be able to register for this academic year.
New Club Meetings:
Thursday, August 25 5:00pm-6:00pm 2nd Floor Conference Room RMC
Thursday, September 08 5:00pm-6:00pm 2nd Floor Conference Room RMC
Monday, September 12 5:00pm-6:00pm 2nd Floor Conference Room RMC
11. You will be contacted by the SA/GSA after they have reviewed your constitution for notification of final approval.
12. After the SA/GSA sends approval the Student Activities office will notify you of your Active Status for 2016-2017.
13. Upon approval, look into the club resources that are available and consider applying to the new club fund.
14. If you plan to utilize the club P-Cards for purchases throughout the year contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Treasurer Training details.
Please Note: If you have reserved rooms at the Student Center your reservation will be placed on hold until you have finalized your registration. This must be done by August 31, 2016. If you do not complete your registration before then the holds will be released.