The purpose of these regulations is to ensure that the property and facilities of the Student Center are used for the educational, cultural, and social benefit of the community. All uses inconsistent with these purposes are prohibited.
Prohibited Items and Activities
- Smoking within the Student Center
- Illegal drugs or other illicit substances
- Firearms of any kind
- Gambling in any form
- Use of roller-skates, roller blades, bicycles, skateboards and hoverboards
- Animals not accompanying physically challenged persons or law enforcement officers
- Removal of equipment or property of the Student Center
- Unauthorized postings or distribution of literature
Regulated Items and Activities
- Alcohol may not be circulated or brought in or out of the Student Center for any reason. Patrons may drink alcohol only in Willy's Pub or in a reserved venue with a licensed bartender.
- Smoking is not allowed in any area of the building.
- Flyers must be stamped by the Information Desk to be posted.
The Student Center coordinates the reservation process for the Ley Student Center, Rice Memorial Center, the Chapel, and the surrounding lawn areas of the Center.
- Events requiring amplified sound must not disturb other events within the Student Center.
- If an event requires security, the group reserving the venue must submit the proper paperwork to the Campus Police who will confirm and provide appropriate personnel.
- Any event which violates any Student Center, Rice University, municipal, state, or federal law may be shut down at the discretion of the Building Manager in accordance with the Rice Campus Police.