- University Financial Accounts
- Fines Policy
- Gifts and Donations
- Club Charitable Organization Donations
- Sales Tax and Tax Exemption
- SAPP Funding
- Clubs Receiving Blanket Taxes
- Information for Club Sports Treasurers
- Tips for Effective Financial Management
- Frequently Used Account Codes
Strong financial management is vital to a club’s success. Student Activities is here to provide information, resources, templates and trainings to help your organization reach its financial objectives while being fiscally responsible. Our office follows the policies and procedures set forth by Rice University. Compliance with basic financial policies and procedures designed to promote responsible financial management is a requirement for club registration with Student Activities and the University.
If your club has a financial account under Student Activities and you have questions about the following topics, complete the Club Finance Training in Canvas to learn more.
- How to check out p-cards with Student Activities
- Donations and Fundraising
- Transferring money
- How to properly collect money from others
- And more!
The Club Finance Training is not a required step for becoming a registered club through Student Activities. However, it is mandatory if your club has a C-Fund (Club Fund), checks out p-cards with Student Activities, or would like to receive SAPP Funding.
Registered clubs under the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Club Sports receive Treasurer Training from those offices and should contact the associated contacts to receive more information about those trainings.
Student Activities Club Finance Training
Successfully completing the Student Activities Club Finance Training is required for:
- Financial Officers or Treasurers of a club to request a C-Fund account
- Students who want to use a Student Activities P-Card to make purchases on behalf of their club
- Clubs who want to receive funding from the Student Activities/President’s Programming (SAPP) Fund
Students can enroll and complete the Club Finance Training here.
Multicultural Affairs Clubs
Multicultural Affairs Clubs should contact Larry Garvey (email@example.com) to schedule Treasurer Training.