2023 Summit Leadership Symposium
This year, the Summit Leadership Symposium will take place on Saturday, September 16th from 10am-4pm at Farnsworth Pavilion in the Rice Memorial Center.
The Summit Leadership Symposium aims to provide participants with a variety of educational sessions to customize their learning experience and an opportunity to network with their peers. All student participants will also be able to take the Leadership Compass Assessment to evaluate their leadership styles.
Participation in the Summit Leadership Symposium is free and open to all current undergraduate and graduate students on campus on a first come, first served basis.
Summit Program & Learning Outcomes
As a result of attending the Summit Leader Symposium, students will...
- Learn strategies for identifying tasks suitable for delegation and practice delegating responsibilities to others while providing guidance and support.
- Gain insights into leveraging their leadership style to enhance their effectiveness.
- Reflect on their core values, passions, and goals to create a personal mission statement.
- Exchange best practices and innovate ideas for club growth and sustainability, and formulate action plans to implement new strategies within their respective clubs.
Overall, by the end of the symposium, participants should leave with a heightened understanding of delegation, a clear awareness of their leadership style, a well-crafted personal mission statement, practical knowledge to develop their clubs, a comprehensive plan for campus involvement, and a strong network of fellow student leaders. They should feel empowered and equipped to make a positive impact on their campus community and beyond.
Benefits to Attending Summit
- Discover what your leadership style is and how it impacts your daily life.
- Learn ways to get involved on campus and make a positive impact on your campus community.
- Meet with peers from across campus.
- Maximize your OwlNest page with 1-on-1 consultations from the Student Activities office.
- Access to exclusive workshops and speakers.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!