Reserving a Room
(Rice University student organizations and departments)
Check for availability at rooms.rice.edu. Please create an account under your department or student club if you do not already have one. Read the pricing and general information below.
All student clubs must be registered with Student Activities to reserve space in the Student Center! Visit the Club Registration & Renewal page to register your organization today.
Registration of your organization with Student Activities is required every academic year by the deadline identified on the Club Registration & Renewal page. Failure to register will result in your organization's inability to reserve spaces at the Student Center.
Event Management System (EMS) is the tool used to schedule space for events in the Student Center. Rooms.rice.edu is the reservations homepage, and can be used to view space availability in before making a request for space.
Creating and EMS (rooms.rice.edu) Account
Be sure to use your Rice email address (any other email account types are automatically denied) when requesting a login. Your request to be a user will be pending until it is reviewed. Accounts are approved within 2-3 business days. Please note that you will not receive an email confirmation that your account has been approved. If you are still unable to log in after three (3) business days have passed, email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about your account.
Important Things to Remember
- If your request is within 48 hours of your event, you will not be able to request a room at the Student Center online. Please stop by the Student Center Administration offices, or contact reservations at (713) 348-3777.
- It is important to understand you are submitting a request to use the space, not reserving the space. Be aware that you cannot see if there are other requests pending on the queue, as these are not in public view. If a space is not available, you will receive an email to let you know your request is denied. If your request is approved, you will receive a confirmation with a reservation number. Refer to this number when you need to make changes to a reservation. The approval process can take up to 2-3 business days. After your request has been approved, you can log back into system and make changes, or cancel the reservation at any time.
- Student clubs will not be charged for the use of any rooms at the Student Center, but will incur fees for the use of linens ($7 each) for all events. They are also charged for A/V equipment, and furniture, when taken out of the SC building.
- Do not publish or print the location for your event until you have received the confirmation from the Student Center (email@example.com).
- If you still have questions, feel free to stop by the Student Center Administration offices located in the Rice Student Center, top floor, above the Grand Hall, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the pricing and general information below regarding room reservations. Email email@example.com to find out availability and details. If you are interested in a wedding in the Rice Chapel, please check out the link.