Club Charitable Organization Donations
Please read Policy 826 for more information on gifts made from University funds.
Clubs may request that a donation be made to a charitable organization using funds from a C-Fund. C-Funds are the only allowable source of funds for donations. G-Funds of H-Funds are not appropriate sources because they have been given to Rice by donors for a specific purpose.
In addition to other restrictions within Policy 826, please note that no gifts may be made for any partisan political activities (including donations to partisan political campaigns, candidates, parties or committees).
Student Activities will assist clubs in making donations. Additionally, please note that:
- Clubs may donate to more than one charitable organization, but are limited to one donation per organization.
- Donations must only be made from C-Funds.
- Donations between $251.00 and $2,500.00 must be approved by either the Rice's Vice Vice President of Public Affairs or Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations.
- Donations over $2,500.00 must also be approved by the President of Rice University.
Student Activities will obtain these approvals on your club's behalf. Once approved, Student Activities will then submit a check request for a donation to be made to your charitable organization of choice. In order to request a donation be made to an external charitable organization, please complete an External Charitable Organization Donation Request Form through the link below:
Before completing this form, please make sure you have the following.
- A written statement from the club explaining why you are making a donation to the specific charitable organization and how the work of the organization aligns with Rice’s mission
- A link to the charitable organization's website or online donation page
- A completed Business Meeting and Entertainment Form (BME Form)
- A W-9 for the organization receiving the donation
Questions? Please email email@example.com.