Sponsor Expectations of the Club
As a sponsor, you will also have expectations of the club’s members and officers. They may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attendance at programs and meetings
- Advanced notification of program or meeting cancellations
- Written goals and objectives for each semester
- Written calendar events for each semester
- Accurate record-keeping
- Awareness of University policies
- Sensitivity to the academic nature of University life and support of the University’s mission
- Willingness to provide feedback to one another
- Communication of expectations
*Adapted from A Handbook for Student Group Advisors, John H. Schuh, ed.
These expectations should be discussed and processed at the beginning of the year. It is also important to re-assess and update them as needed throughout the year.