New Club Information
Rice is home to a vibrant array of student clubs. It is a source of Rice pride that we support and encourage our students to try new things and to get involved in areas where they are passionate and hope to contribute to the Rice community and beyond.
Given the large number of clubs that already exist at Rice, we highly recommend you research existing clubs on campus in your prospective genre before registering a new club. It is also helpful to meet with some clubs in your prospective genre to learn more about what they do, their strengths and weaknesses, and determine whether or not your new ideas can fit into an already established club’s mission and purpose.
New Club Registration Tips:
» Explore currently registered clubs at Rice. Discuss your new ideas with established clubs to see if you fit within the mission and purpose of an active club.
- If you do not find a club that fits, then identify your new club’s unique mission and purpose.
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask if a similar club has existed on campus in the past. If yes, then the past constitution from said club can be shared with you.
» To establish a new club, connect with other interested students and identify a faculty or staff sponsor.
- All clubs at minimum are required to identify a President/Primary Student Leader, Treasurer (if needed) or Secondary Student Leader, and a Club Sponsor to get started.
- If your sponsor is not on the list of Risk Management-Trained Sponsors they will have to attend a Club Orientation and Risk Management Training Session before your club can be approved.
» Complete all Club Registration requirements found on the Club Registration & Renewal website.
» Club Registration Assistance
- If you have any questions about the Club Registration process, please email email@example.com.
- New Club Fund – New clubs on campus often have great ideas, inspiration, and the drive to make positive change for our campus and community but get stalled in their efforts to move forward because they lack funds to get started. Student Activities hopes to support these organizations by providing a New Club Fund that will support these groups.
- Please visit the Club Resources – Financial Resources webpage for additional information and resources.
» Room Reservations
- Student Center – Please visit the Reservations webpage for information on how to reserve spaces within the Student Center. Once on the Reservations webpage, click on “Event Management System (EMS)” to reveal information on how to create an account and reserve space.
- Other Rice Venues – If you would like to reserve space outside of the Student Center, please click here for more information.
» Information & Ongoing Support
- Even after you have completed registration, please continue to utilize the Student Activities office for support. Our office is happy to answer any questions regarding club recruitment, activities/events, finances, retention, risk management, and much more.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Also, be sure to review the Club Resources webpage to find information pertinent for your new organization.